Slow cooker corned beef hash recipe. Cook a pot of Irish corned beef hash in the slow cooker with this easy recipe that’s perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Corned beef hash is a classic comfort dish that’s loved by many. It’s the perfect dish for St. Patrick’s Day because it has a lot of flavors and it doesn’t require any special ingredients or techniques to make.
What are the benefits of cooking with a slow cooker?
The benefits of cooking with a slow cooker are significant. They include time-saving, healthy meals, and saving money. The slow cooker can help you save time during the day when you don’t have the time to cook or if you are busy at work. You can also use it for recipes that require long cooking times, like soups and stews.
Some of the benefits of using a slow cooker include:
– Saving money by not having to buy as many groceries;
– Time-saving because it is possible to cook all day without worrying about burning food;
– Cooking healthy meals without having to monitor the food while it cooks;
– Healthy meals because ingredients such as vegetables, meat, and grains are cooked in liquid form which preserves vitamins and minerals.
What are the benefits of using a slow cooker to make corned beef hash?
Corned beef hash is an Irish dish traditionally made with corned beef, potatoes, and onions. It’s a great dish to make in the slow cooker.
The recipe usually calls for adding water to the slow cooker before adding the beef and potatoes. The water helps cook the meat more evenly and helps keep it moist. It also makes it easier to shred the corned beef for a more flavorful meal.
Slow cooking also helps to break down tough meat fibers and tenderize them, making this a great choice for home cooks who may not have time to prepare their meals from scratch.
The Best Side Dishes for Irish-Style Slow Cooker Corned Beef Hash
It is a dish that is typically served with potatoes and cabbage, but you can also serve it with sautéed kale, roasted Brussels sprouts, or roasted cauliflower.
The Best Side Dishes for Irish-Style Slow Cooker Corned Beef Hash:
– Potatoes: Roasted potatoes or mashed potatoes go great with corned beef hash.
– Cabbage: You can add shredded cabbage to your corned beef hash or serve it separately as a side dish.
How do you reheat corned beef hash?
The process of reheating corned beef hash is quite simple. Just place the hash in a skillet over medium heat and allow it to warm up for about 5 minutes. Then, add the butter and cook for about another 3-4 minutes.
You can also use a microwave as an alternative to reheating the corned beef hash in a skillet. However, you should make sure that you stir the contents every 30 seconds or so to avoid burning it on one side.
Slow Cooker Corned Beef Hash Recipe
You may also like:
- 1¾ pounds (850 g) of canned corned beef
- 2 pounds (960 g) of potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and chopped
- 1½ tablespoons unsalted butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
in a 6-quart (6 L) slow cooker, combine potatoes and onions. Season with salt and black pepper.
Mix well, then top the mixture with cubed butter.
Close the pot and cook on a high-heat setting for 2 hours.
Open the lid and stir in sliced corned beef.
Recover the pot and cook on a high-heat setting for a further 90 minutes.
Serve hot ( I served over the cooked rice)