Slow cooker mushroom chickpea soup. Mushroom chickpea soup is a hearty, healthy soup that’s easy to make. You may want to double or triple the recipe because it’s so good!
What are the benefits of cooking mushroom chickpea soup in a slow cooker?
Cooking mushroom chickpea soup in a slow cooker is a great way to make this dish without the use of much stove-top cooking. Slow cookers are perfect for dishes that require long periods of time to cook, and the soup can be left to simmer all day.
You will have more control over the temperature and it will stay at a relatively low temperature, which is perfect for this dish.
The soup will also retain more of its flavor because it isn’t being cooked at high heat.
Slow cookers are also great for dishes that require little stirring or attention. Mushroom chickpea soup is one such dish because you don’t need to stir it while it’s cooking.
What is one of the health benefits of mushrooms?
Mushrooms are one of the most popular and healthy foods in the world. They are low in calories, high in protein and fiber, and contain a lot of essential minerals such as potassium and selenium.
Mushrooms have been shown to have many health benefits. For example, they can reduce cholesterol levels, decrease inflammation levels, improve the immune system, boost energy levels and protect against cancer.
What vegetables can be used instead of mushrooms?
Vegetables that can be used instead of mushrooms are:
– Asparagus: It has a similar texture to mushrooms and can be roasted.
– Green beans: They have a similar taste to mushrooms and can be sautéed in butter.
– Potatoes: They have a similar taste to mushrooms and can be roasted.
– Leeks: They have a similar taste to mushrooms and can be sautéed in butter.
– Carrots: They have a slightly different flavor than mushrooms, but they are still great for roasting or grilling them.
– Zucchini: It has a slightly different flavor than mushrooms, but they are still great for roasting or grilling them.
Slow Cooker Mushroom Chickpea Soup
You may also like:
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained
- 5 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 white onions, peeled and diced
- 1/2 pound (240 g) button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 cube of vegetable stock
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a small pan, heat the olive over medium-high heat.
Add onions, garlic, and spices. Cook, stirring occasionally until onions are softened.
In a large mixing bowl, combine vegetable stock cube and 600 ml) of water. Mix until vegetable stock is dissolved.
Add all ingredients to a 6-quart (6 L) slow cooker.
Cover the pot and cook on a low-heat setting for 6 hours.
Turn off the cooker and open the lid. Stir the soup well before serving. Serve hot.