Instant pot Moroccan harira soup recipe. Healthy and delicious vegetarian Moroccan soup cooked in an instant pot.
Instant Pot Moroccan Harira Soup Recipe
You may also like:
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) uncooked vermicelli
- 7 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 14½ oz (435 ml) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 3 (14½ oz (435 ml) each)) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups (1 L) low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Heat the olive oil in an instant pot turned to the sate mode.
Add onions and cook, stirring, until translucent. Add crushed garlic and continue cooking and stirring for a minute or so.
Stir in the cinnamon, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Cook, stirring, for a further 1 minute.
Stir in diced tomatoes, then add carrots, chicken peas, vermicelli, and vegetable broth.
Season with salt, black pepper, sugar. Mix well.
Cover the pot and lock the lid.
Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Set the timer to cook for 7 minutes.
Using the natural Release method, bring pressure to normal. Carefully unlock and open the lid.
Mix well before serving.
Ladle the soup into soup bowls. Serve hot.