Slow cooker vegan mung bean soup recipe. Learn how to cook healthy and delicious Thai mung bean soup in a slow cooker. Cook it in an instant pot-INSTANT POT MUNG BEAN STEW
Slow Cooker Vegan Mung Bean Soup Recipe
You may also like:
Instant Pot Vegetarian Chinese Fried Rice Recipe
Air Fryer Roasted Pumpkin Recipe
Air Fryer Roasted Carrots Recipe
Slow Cooker Pinto Beans Recipe
Air Fryer Spicy Peanuts Recipe
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon Fenugreek seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 2 cups Mung beans, rinsed
- 10 cups (2.5 L) water
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
In a coffee grinder, combine cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, and coriander seeds. Grind into a powder.
Heat the grapeseed oil in a large saute pan.
Add onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Saute, stirring occasionally, until it softens, for about 5 minutes.
Stir in the garlic, ginger, and all spices. Continue cooking and stirring for a further 1 minute.
Add mung beans and cook, stirring for 1-2 more minutes.
Remove the pan from the heat.
Transfer the bean mixture into the slow cooker, then add the remaining ingredients.
Close the pot and cook in a low-heat setting for 6 hours, or until beans and vegetables are tender.
Turn off the cooker and open the lid. Stir the soup well before serving.