Slow cooker pasta salad with eggplants. This easy pasta salad is the perfect plant-based dish.
Eggplant in the Slow-Cooker
Eggplant is a versatile vegetable that can be used in many different ways. It can be turned into a hearty soup, slow-cooked in the crockpot, or even baked into a delicious dish.
Eggplant is a versatile vegetable that can be used in many different ways. It can be turned into a hearty soup, slow-cooked in the crockpot, or even baked into a delicious dish. This recipe for eggplant in the crockpot is simple and easy to make and it will have your entire family asking for seconds!
What is a Slow Cooker Pasta Salad and What Makes It So Delicious?
This recipe is a great way to use up leftover pasta in your fridge. It’s also an easy dish that can be made ahead of time and easily transported to a potluck or picnic.
This slow cooker pasta salad is a delicious and easy dish that can be made ahead of time and easily transported to a potluck or picnic. It’s made with fresh ingredients like tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, basil, parsley, and feta cheese. The dressing is simple but flavorful with garlic, red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
The best part about this recipe is that it comes together in the slow cooker which makes it convenient for busy schedules or weeknight dinners.
5 Delicious Ways to Tweak Your Recipe for the Perfect Slow Cooker Pasta Salad
Slow cookers are perfect for making a delicious pasta salad. The slow cooking process allows the flavors to mingle and get more intense. Here are five delicious ways to tweak your recipe for the perfect slow cooker pasta salad.
1) Add a bit of Parmesan cheese, which is known to enhance the flavor of any dish.
2) Add some extra vegetables that you have on hand like olives, bell peppers, or even canned beans.
3) Add some fresh herbs like basil or parsley for a little extra flavor boost.
4) Instead of using just water, try using red wine or white wine in the sauce as well as chicken broth for added depth of flavor and richness.
5) Finally, add some grated Parmesan cheese on top before serving!
Slow Cooker Pasta Salad with Eggplants
You may also like:
- 1 medium eggplant (1 pound (480 g))
- 1 cup coarsely chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 oz (360 g) cooked penne pasta at room temperature
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Pierce eggplant 6-8 times with a fork and place it in a slow cooker.
Cover the pot and cook on a low-heat setting for about 4 hours, or until tender.
Turn off the cookie and let stand the eggplant until it cool enough to handle.
Cut the eggplant in half, then scoop out the pulp and cut it into cubes.
In a large bowl, combine cubed eggplant, tomatoes, onions, vinegar, olive oil, and lemon juice. Toss well.
Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Add cooked penne pasta and toss well. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.