You may also like Chicken Cacciatore, another healthy Paleo recipe cooked in a pressure cooker.
Instant Pot Paleo Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
Equipment you may need to prepare this recipe: electric pressure cooker Ingredients you may need: ghee-clarified butter, ground cumin, ground coriander, garam masala, ground turmeric, cayenne pepper, full fat coconut milk
- 2 pounds (960 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) ghee-clarified butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1½ teaspoon sea salt
- 15 oz (450 ml) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) full fat coconut milk
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
Add ghee butter, chopped onion, and yellow bell pepper to an electric instant pot turned to sauté mode. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables start soften.
Stir in garlic, ginger, spices, and salt. Continue cooking and stirring occasionally, for a further 1-2 minutes. Add tomatoes and coconut milk. Mix well. Top with chicken breasts.
Close the pot and lock the lid. Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Set the timer to cook for 15 minutes.
Using the natural Release method, bring pressure to normal. Carefully unlock and open the lid.
Remove cooked chicken from the pressure cooker and cut into cubes. Using immersion hand blender, purée the sauce. Add cubed chicken to the sauce and stir well.
Remove chicken Tikka Masala from the pot and transfer to serving plates. Serve with cooked rice. Enjoy!