Instant pot vegan spinach and rice recipe. Learn how to cook Indian spinach and rice dish (Pulao) in an electric instant pot.
Instant Pot Vegan Spinach and Rice Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup boiled chickpeas
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger and garlic mixture
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup dried raisins, soaked and drained
- salt, to taste
Heat the olive oil in an electric instant pot turned to the sauté mode.
Add ginger mixture and onions, Cook, stirring occasionally, for a 1 minute.
Add the remaining ingredients, except raisins. Mix well.
Close the pot and lock the lid. Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Set the timer to cook for 5 minutes.
Using the Natural Release method, bring pressure to normal. Carefully unlock and open the lid.
Remove cooked spinach and rice from the cooker and transfer to a serving plate. Stir in raisins. Serve hot.