Slow cooker chili con Carne recipe. An excellent Mexican chili with ground beef, beer, and vegetables cooked in a slow cooker. A flavorful chili that will satisfy the heartiest of appetizers!
Are you looking for more easy and tasty low-carb recipes? try to prepare Creamy Broccoli Potato Soup
- 1 pound (480 g) lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) chili powder
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon (10 ml) dried oregano leaves
- 2 cans (14½ oz (435 ml) each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 15 oz (450 ml_ can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 oz (180 ml) can tomato paste
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) beer
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) unsweetened cocoa
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a greased large nonstick skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat until meat is browned, for about 10 minutes, crumbling with a fork.
Remove cooked beef from the skillet and transfer to a slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients, except seasoning.
Cover the pot and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
Turn off the slow cooker and open the lid. Season the chili with salt and black pepper. Stir well.
Transfer to serving bowls. Serve hot.